28 January 2014

OLDIE BUT GOODIE: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd – By: Agatha Christie (Mystery)



I’m new to the awesomeness that is Agatha Christie, so you’ll have to forgive me if she ends up on here a lot. This one really blew me away though. It doesn’t matter if you’re casually interested, or honestly trying to solve the puzzle, this is a great mystery.

This follows a fairly standard Agatha Christie format. There’s a death in a small town, and wouldn't you just know it, there’s an adorable (if slightly pompous) detective on hand who will figure it all out. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, is a suspect. Everyone has a motive. The clues are all there, but you have to sort them out before Poirot reveals the perfectly obvious solution.

Agatha (yes, we’re on a first name basis now), is fabulous. She uses your expectations against you, yet she gives you everything she gives her protagonist, so it’s all fair play. It's a game, can you catch up to Agatha before she wants you to?
Bookwyrm Rating: Meat and Potatoes

3 comments:

  1. I love Agatha Christie books!!! Good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a couple of her books and always enjoyed them! I'll have to find this one too :)

    ReplyDelete